Medical Records Clerk/entry level Junior Secretary
SOUTH BAY INSURANCE DEFENSE FIRM IS SEEKING talented litigation legal secretary/legal assistant. Practice is primarily insurance medical malpractice defense litigation with several large corporate medical groups.
Must have 3-5 years comparable litigation experience (preferably in medical related personal injury) working in a high energy insurance defense firm. There is an opportunity to work closely with attorneys on a case from start to finish. We are looking for a candidate who can multitask, and has great communication and organizational skills.
Certified paralegal a plus.
The basic skills needed to work at these positions include the following:
• Work closely with attorney and claims managers
• Timely provide information to clients
• Management of case data in Prolaw environment
• Schedule depositions, motions and other hearings
• Assemble and prepare motion and discovery shells
• Interface with experts for depositions and trial (scheduling and procuring CVs, providing recors)
• Prepare trial/mediation/arbitration documents
• Daily interfacing with clients, opposing counsel, court clerks
• Manage day to day tasks of opening new files and serving initial responsive pleadings and discovery
Proficiency with the following software is a must:
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Adobe Acrobat
• Prolaw calendaring and Prolaw document management program or similar programs.
• Able to file documents in various state, federal and appellate courts (e-filing, fax filing, direct filing).
Salary negotiable based on experience.